Which of the following can be the best title for the passage?
Why is pink or purple a color for girls and blue or brown for boys? The answer depends largely on cultural values as well as personal experiences. To the Egyptians, green was a color that represented the hope and joy of spring, while for Muslims, it means heaven. Red is a symbol of good luck in many cultures. In China, children are given money in a red envelope to bring good fortune in the New Year. For many nations, blue is a symbol of protection and religious beliefs. Greek people often wear a blue necklace hoping to protect themselves against evils (灾祸).
People's choice of colors is also influenced by their bodies' reactions (反应) toward them. Green is said to be the most restful color. It has the ability to reduce pain and relax people both mentally and physically. People who work in green environment have been found to have fewer stomach aches.
Red can cause a person's blood pressure to rise and increase people's appetites (食欲). Many decorators will include different shades of red in the restaurant. Similarly, many commercial websites will have a red "Buy Now" button because red is a color that easily catches a person's eye.
Blue is another calming color. Unlike red, blue can cause people to lose appetite. So if you want to eat less, some suggest that eating from blue plates can help.
The next time you are deciding on what to wear or what color to decorate your room, think about the color carefully.
63. Which of the following would be the most proper title for the text?
A. Colors and Human Beings
B. The Cultural Meaning of Color
C. Colors and Personal Experiences
D. The Meaning and Function of Color
What is the general/main idea of the passage？ Which of the following expresses the main idea？ What is the subject discussed in the text?
BThe writer of the story wants to tell us that_____. The passage/ text is mainly about_____. What’s the article mainly about ？
Joshua Bingham studied 4 years at the University of Paris and decided to leave his graduation. He transferred to the University of Berlin and graduated with honors. Harvard Law School and, later, Boston College provided him with an excellent legal background. He is presently a corporation lawyer in Miami, Florida.
Q: What is the main idea of the passage? ＿＿
A. How Joshua Bingham became a lawyer.
B. Bingham is a diligent student.
C. Joshua Bingham received an excellent education.
位于段首：一般而言，以演绎法撰写的文章，主题句往往在文章的开头，即先点出主题，然后围绕这一主题作具体的陈述。判断第一句是否为主题句，可具体分析段落的首句与第二，三句的关系；如果从第二句就开始对第一句进行说明，论述或描述，那第一句就是主题句。有些段落，在主题句后面有明显引出细节的信号词，如for example, an example of; first, second, next, last, finally; to begin with, also, besides; one, the other; some, others等。在阅读中应尽量利用上述信号词来确定主题句的位置。
位于段尾：有些文章会在开头列举事实, 然后通过论证阐述作者的核心论点。因此，如果第一句话不是概括性的或综合性的话，最好快速读一读段落的最后一个句子，看看它是否具备主题句的特征。如果它具备主題句的特征，段落的主题思想就很容易确定了。一般说来，当一种观点不易向人解释清楚或不易被人接受时，主题句便会到段落的末尾才出现。学生可以充分利用引出结论的信号词。如so，therefore，thus，consequently；in conclusion，in short；in a word, to sum up等来确定主题句的位置在段尾。当无明显的此类信号时，学生可在段落的最后一句话前面添加一个引出结论的信号词，以确定其是否是主题句。
Which of the following is mentioned (not mentioned)?
Which of the following statements is true/right/false/wrong about…?
(2012江西卷) ……… Mark had been scolded before for touching his father’s equipment. But his curiosity was difficult to control and this new computer really puzzled him. ………
56．Why did Mark touch the computer against his father’s warning?
A．He wanted to take a voyage.
B．He wanted to practice his skill
C．He was so much attracted by it.
D．He was eager to do an experiment.
Which of the following is the correct order of…? Which of the following shows the path of signals described in Paragraph…?
（2011山东卷） Since the 1970s, scientists have been searching for ways to link the brain with computers. Brain-computer interface(BCI) technology could help people with disabilities send commands to machines. ……. The researchers designed a special cap for the user. This head cover picks up the signals from the scalp(头皮) and sends them to a computer. The computer interprets the signals and commands the motorized wheelchair. The wheelchair also has two cameras that identify objects in its path. They help the computer react to commands from the brain. ……..
73. Which of the following shows the path of the signals described in Paragraph 5?
It can be inferred/ concluded from the text that __________.
The author implies/ suggests that_____.
We may infer that _________.
Which of the following statements is implied but NOT stated?
（2012天津卷） ……. Some eyes rolled and there were a few low groans(嘟囔声)when Ms.Yates was about to speak. Many started looking at their watches and coming up with excuses to be anywhere instead of preparing to listen to a lecture from and old woman who had few kind words for her students and made them work harder than all the other teachers combined. ……..
42. What can be inferred from Paragraph 2?
A. Some graduates were too busy to listen to Ms. Yates’ speech.
B. Many graduates disliked Ms. Yates’ ways of teaching.
C. Some people got tired from the reunion activities.
D. Most people had little interest in the reunion.
根据语篇对文章接下来的内容或可能的结局进行猜测，常见命题形式有： What do you think will happen if/when…?
At the end of this passage, the writer might continue to write_____
The underlined word/phrase in the second paragraph means _____.
The word “it/they” in the last sentence refers to______.
The word “…”（Line 6. para.2）probably means ______.
The word “…”（Line 6. para.2）could best be replaced by which of the following?
Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word “…” ?
首先是找出生词与上下文之间的逻辑关系，然后才能猜词。有时文章借助关联词(如because，as，since，for，so，thus，as a result，of course，therefore等等)表示前因后果。
例如：You shouldn't have blamed him for that，for it wasn't his fault. 通过for引出的句子所表示的原因(那不是他的错)，可猜出blame的词义是"责备"。
通过同义词猜词，一是要看由and或or连接的同义词词组，如happy and gay，即使我们不认识gay这个词，也可以知道它是愉快的意思；二是看在进一步解释的过程中使用的同义词，如Man has known something about the planets Venus，Mars，and Jupiter with the help of spaceships. 此句中的Venus(金星)、Mars(火星)、Jupiter(木星)均为生词，但只要知道planets就可猜出这几个词都属于"行星"这一义域。
通过反义词猜词，一是看表转折关系的连词或副词，如but，while，however等；二是看与not搭配的或表示否定意义的词语，如：He is so homely，not at all as handsome as his brother.根据not at all...handsome我们不难推测出homely的意思，即不英俊、不漂亮的意思。
根据前缀、后缀、复合、派生等构词知识判断生词词义。如：She is unlikely to have stolen the money. ( “un”含否定意义，故为“不太可能”之意。)
例如：But sometimes，no rain falls for a long，long time. Then there is a dry period，or drought. 从drought所在句子的上文我们得知很久不下雨，于是便有一段干旱的时期，即drought，由此可见drought意思为"久旱"，"旱灾"。而a dry period和drought是同义语。这种同义或释义关系常由is，or，that is，in other words，be called或破折号等来表示。
例如：Bananas，oranges，pineapples，coconuts and some other kind of fruit grow in warm areas.假如pineapples和coconuts是生词，我们可以从这两个词在句中所处的位置来判断它们大致的意思。从句中不难看出pineapples，coconuts和bananas，oranges是同类关系，同属fruit类，因此它们是两样水果，准确地说，是菠萝和椰子。
描述即作者对该人或该物作出的外在相貌或内在特征的描写。例如：The penguin is a kind of sea bird living in the South Pole. It is fat and walks in a funny way. Although it cannot fly，it can swim in the icy water to catch the fish.从例句的描述中可以得知penguin是一种生活在南极的鸟类。后面更详尽地描述了该鸟类的生活习性。
如：The door was so low that he hit his head on the lintel.（lintel “过梁”。）
Afraid of waking the baby up, she tiptoed out of the room.（tiptoed “踮着脚走，蹑手蹑脚”）
1. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble fitting in your new school. Such problems are quite normal. Perhaps the following suggestions are helpful.
2. I have received your letter saying you plan to play a visit to China for ten days next month. Perhaps the following suggestions are helpful to you.
3. I'm writing to you to present what I think on the further improvement of our hotel so as to attract more clients（顾客）.
4. You have asked me for my advice with regard to how to learn Chinese , and I will try to make some suggestions here.
5. I'm very glad to receive your letter asking for my advice on how to fit in the new school life. Here are a few suggestions.
6. I'm very glad to have received your e-mail. Now I'm writing to give you some advice on how to learn English well in high school.
1. I'd like to suggest that...
2. In my opinion,...
3. If I were you, I would...
4. You'd better do.../not do...
5. It's necessary for you to read some books about these places before you come to see them with your own eyes. With more knowledge about these places, you will have a better understanding of Chinese history and culture.
1. I hope these suggestions will be of use to you. Remember: where there is a will, there is a way(有志者事竟成).
2. I hope these suggestions will be of use to you. Remember: The man who has made up his mind to win will never say “impossible”(一个决心要成功的人从来不说“不可能”).
3. Best wishes!
4. I hope that my suggestions are helpful for you anyway. I would be more than happy to see improvement.
5. I believe that you will take my suggestions into serious account. Whatever you decide to do, good luck with your studies/work！
6. I sincerely hope my advice will be some help for you. If there is more I can do to help, please let me know.
7. I hope you can take good consideration of my advice. I would be ready to discuss about this matter with you to further details.
8. I sincerely hope my advice will be some help for you. I'm eager to see you soon in Beijing. Wish you in advance a pleasant trip to Beijing.
1. I’m Wang Ming from YuWen School，the president of the Student Union.
2. An English speaking contest of our school will be held on August 6.
3. There will be a party in my garden on Sunday.
4. I’d like to invite you to judge it.
5. I’m writing to invite you to...
6. I wonder if you can come to...
7. We sincerely hope you can attend it.
8. It’s my pleasure/a great honour for me to invite you to...
9. It’s a pity that you have to go back to America soon. So a farewell party for you will be held in the Sun Club this Saturday evening. Could you come at 6:00 pm?
1. It will begin at 2:00 pm and last two hours, during which time 15 well-prepared contestants will deliver their speeches.
2. We will start at 8:00 am and arrive there at 9:00.
3. During the afternoon, we’ll...together.
4. Remember to take water and lunch with you.
5. By the way, you may take Bus No. 322 in front of your apartment and it will take you directly to the club.
6. I know you are a native speaker of English and an English teacher, and I, on behalf of our school, sincerely invite you to be part of the contest.
7. Since you are so eager to improve your English, it will prove to be a great chance.
8. I’m sure that you will enjoy yourself there.
1. Will you be available during that time? Please contact me at 1234567 at your earliest convenience.
2. Would you please let me know as soon as possible if you can accept my invitation?
3. We will feel much honored if you could come.
4. We are looking forward to your coming.
5. I am longing to see you soon.
1. Hello, everybody/everyone.
2. Ladies and gentlemen.
3. May I have your attention, please? I have an announcement to make.
4. Attention, please! I have something important to tell you.
1. There will be a party/speech/contest held by the English Department in the hall of the library on Saturday evening.
2. In order to welcome our friends from the United States, the Student Union will organize a party in the school hall on Saturday evening, August 15.
3. Our school has decided to hold an activity to climb Xiangshan Hill this Sunday.
4. It will begin at 5 pm and last about two hours.
5. The school will arrange several buses to take us there.
6. There will colourful activities then, such as singing, dancing, exchanging gifts with one another and so on.
7. All the teachers and students are required to attend it. Please take your notebooks and make notes. Please listen carefully and we’ll have a discussion in groups.
1. Those who are interested in the activity are welcom.
2. Those who want to take part in it please sign up at the Student Union.
3. Please come and join in it. Everyone is welcom to attend it.
4. Remember to take your hats and gloves.
5. Remember that we are required hats and water.
6. Please come on time and don’t be late.
7. You might as well take a camera in case you want to take some photos of the beautiful scenery.
8. Please pass on this message to those who are not here today.
9. I hope that you will have a nice time there.
10. I am sure you will have a good time there/then.
11. I believe you will have a wonderful time then.
12. I think you will enjoy it very much.
13. There's sure to be a lot of fun. Everyone is welcome.
14. Good luck.
15. That's all. Thank you.
1. I'm Li Hua, from Class One, Senior Two.
2. I have read in the newspaper that a secretary is wanted in your company.
3. I read the announcement of the Experience Life that you have posted on the Internet and I am interested in it.
4. I am extremly pleased to see your advertisement for an English tutor（家庭教师/助教）in the newspaper.
5. I am writing to apply for the summer camp in your school.
6. I am writing to tell you that I'm suitable for the job you are advertising.
7. I am writing to inquire about the possibility of the job.
8. I am writing to join the program.
9. I would like to apply for it during the summer vacation.
1. I think I'm qualified for the position.
2. In the first place, I have strong written and spoken communication skills.
3. What's more, I am well acquainted with the western culture.（be acquainted with 熟悉）
4. Last but not the least, I have good personality, and I am independent in life.
5. I think it's of great use to me. For one thing, I can gain some experience for my future job; for another, I can make more friends.
6. I am sure I can do my best in the job.
7. That's why I am applying for the position.
8. I hope I can join you.
1. I will be much grateful if you can give me the opportunity.
2. I hope you can offer me the opportunity.
3. I hope I can be accepted as a member of your summer camp.
4. If you need to know more about me, please contact me at 189......
5. I am looking forward to your early reply.
6. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
1. I’m Li Hua. I feel bad to trouble you but I’m afraid that I have to make a complaint about your restaurant.
2. I’m writing to you to complain about...
3. I want to express my dissatisfaction about the woolen scarf I bought from your company.
1. In the first place, the food is too salty and the water isn't served in time. In addition, the music you broadcast is too noisy. Under these circumstances, I find it hard to sit here having dinner quietly.
2. While I was on holiday in Hong Kong about a week ago, I bought a green shirt for 300 HK dollars in your shop, but there seems to be something wrong with it. When it's washed, it fades in colour. Now I can't wear it.
3. It arrived on time the day before yesterday. But when I checked it, I found a hole in the middle. I was astonished because the hole was obvious and I didn't think you should neglect this deficiency（缺陷）.